Friday, May 15, 2015

Regina's Big Mistake

My kindergartners just finished this project and I couldn't wait to share it!

First things first I read them this book:


It is really cute, and all about how a girl fixes her mistakes in her art and ends up loving the results.

There are a couple of ways you can do this project. I actually tried both because I wanted them to have some practice turning mistakes into art before they did their final piece.

1. Everyone draws a mark on a page, and then they trade with a neighbor. Now they have to make something out of the neighbors mistake.

2. Give the kiddos a paper with something already on it, and they turn that mistake into something.

This is the "mistake" I started with
I have the students look at the art from all different angles before they decide what the mistake is supposed to be. Once they have decided on something They get to draw in what they need to make the artwork into what they want.
With my drawings filled in

After they have everything they want drawn in, then they use color to finish off the artwork. The cool thing about this project is that you can use anything to make mistakes, (my mistakes were scraps from a painting project) and you can use anything to finish them off. If all you have is crayons, you can use that for both. One group used oil pastels, but another used markers.
My finished off art


Here are a few of my kindergartners work. On the left is the mistake with the pencil of what the student is going to draw. On the right is the finished work.


 

 And here are a few finished products alone:


No comments:

Post a Comment