Sunday, February 15, 2015

Art Teacher Style

One of the things I have a hard time with is dressing cute.  I don't know what it is, but something about being an art teacher just lends itself to my natural tendencies of being a total t-shirt and jeans girl. 
Me most days.

Here is the thing though--- I love fashion. I really do. When I worked retail  (and had friends at other stores in the mall that could tell me when sales were happening) my closet was overflowing! I am a total junkie when it comes to blogs about handmade fashion, and I have a Vogue subscription! 

The problem is I spend all day doing things that make me dirty. Painting, clay lessons, chalk pastels (don't even get me started) and a toddler all make me just default to jeans and a T-shirt. I try REALLY hard to at least have a nice top Monday- Wednesday, and limit my total T's to Thursday and Friday (Art related shirt and school shirt if you were wondering.)

Every now and then we have these great art teacher meetings, and I look around at my colleagues, many do the same thing I do, and I love them for not making me look bad. But there are a blessed few that just do not give a fuck what anyone thinks about how they look. In a total good way. The frocks that some of these women wear are totally fabulous- and just scream art teacher. They are not outfits that you would ever think to wear, and they rock them with so much confidence. It makes me truly jealous.

Every now and then I get a wild hair and put together an outfit like that and wear it to work, and no one bats an eyelash. I absolutely have the job where I can get away with dressing however I want and I need to embrace that. 

So I am going to try to encourage myself by posting whenever I have a great art teacher frock on. Here is my first, from a few months ago, because that is how long it has been since I dressed up a little for work. 

Dress: H&M
Cardigan: Target (Merona)
Leggings: Old Navy ($2 On CLEARANCE)
Shoes: Dolce Vida

Ok it isn't the most out there thing I have ever worn, but I like it. 

What do you wear to work?
The Artsy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment